Sunday, May 9, 2010

Press Statement by Christoph Daum


Cologne - coach Christoph Daum has übersein Cologne's law office on Tuesday, a press statement on his vorzeitigenVertragskündigung the 1st Bundesliga FC Cologne made.
DieDeutsche Presse-Agentur dpa documented in the text of the statement.
"I have my contract with the 1st FC Cologne 30.06.2009fristgemäß terminated on. Last Saturday, I have a sportlichwie financially compelling offer from a top European club getting. Then my lawyers have negotiated over the Pfingstwochenendeeinen longer-term contract, which I've gesternunterschrieben.
With my new club, until further genanntwerden would not, I have the opportunity to play right back internationalzu what was alsTrainer for me is always my greatest incentive and desire. In addition to me there sporting environment commands, with which I can reach for the next few years, the Champions League.
Thus, my decision is not against the 1 FC Cologne, sondernfür the new challenge. I would have executed even like to give my season nocheine current contract. My mission in Cologne ISTAB ohneAbstiegsgefahr satisfied with the rise and the achievement of a midfield place in the past Bundesliga season, highlighted woraufich after the last Bundesliga match had. Damithaben can be created all of us together in Cologne, a base on which jetztweiter successfully built.
I am grateful for the excellent cooperation at the 1 FC Cologne, diephantastische support of the fans and I wish to 1 FC Cologne allesGute. A part of my heart will always stay here. "