Saturday, May 15, 2010

The irreconcilable

Hoffenheim / Cologne -
Once they joined a thick friendship. Now there is silence. On Saturday (15.30 clock) Ralf Rangnick let go (51) and Mirko Slomka (42) their teams together. Hoffenheim against Hannover - this is a personal trainer duel full of emotions.
Ralf Rangnick as head and assistant coach Mirko Slomka as - that was once a dream team. Two friends, who together Hanover 96 and FC Schalke trained 04th "I have really enjoyed Ralf," said Slomka. "I had him by his great family, fantastic children, and also may mitgenießen very good friends. And all this is gone now! For me, this is still a bit incomprehensible. "
What destroyed the close friendship between men? The break came in December 2005. At that time, Schalke manager Rudi Assauer dismissed after weeks of discord Rangnick - and heaved his Adlatus Slomka Schalke on the head coach post. "I have nothing to reproach myself, because I have nothing Ralf taken away," said Slomka. "I had to Schalke then a current contract, and Ralf had already been dismissed. Unfortunately, the contact is very cool to him, and I frankly say that I have lost a very good friend, a great man. "
Rank Nicks allegation at that time: Slomka had his friend on his promotion is very impersonal informed via SMS, it is not personally involved in the decision. Today Hoffenheim coach for EXPRESS: "We have since become a non-relationship. That has not changed. "On the official press conference for the game against Hannover yesterday he said:" We're normal with each other for how colleagues simply. "But no trace of friendship. "We will be on Saturday, perhaps exchange a few sentences."
Is this a some trouble in the coaching zone? Slomka is on reconciliation. "I admire him. Unfortunately, the close contact is torn, broken friendship. I see no chance to change that. "After that, it also listens to Nick at Rank. "I'm happy for him that he has a new job. But he wants to success with Hanover on Saturday, I want success with Hoffenheim. And this is not the only thing that separates us. "